Prostitution in Ukraine
Posted April 26, 2012on:
- In: Odessa Apartments rentals
- Comments Off on Prostitution in Ukraine
What law says about prostitution in Ukraine… The criminal law of Ukraine 2011 has not got administrative or criminal responsibility for people who meet hookers. There is administrative responsibility for hookers who meet people.
Prostitution is forbidden by law of Ukraine. The article 303 of criminal code of Ukraine, paragraph 1 says “Systematic prostitution, that is gainful provision of sexual services, – shall be punishable by a fine of 50 to 500 tax-free minimum incomes, or community service for a term up to 120 hours”. In short it means that the punishment for SYSTEMATIC prostitution is fine 850 UAH – 8500 UAH, which is equivalent of $120 – $1200; to punish prostitute the police should prove that she is not simply prostitute but SYSTEMATIC prostitute otherwise she is not punishable by law.
Average income of prostitute in Odessa is $50-$100 per hour. Therefore amount of fine does not make much harm to this kind of occupation.
The criminal law of Ukraine 2011 has not got administrative or criminal responsibility for people who meet hookers. There is administrative responsibility for hookers who meet people.
Engaging in prostitution is punishable and penalties for this kind of crime are severe. Paragraphs 2,3 and 4 of article 303 of criminal code of Ukraine declare:
2. Compelling to or engaging in prostitution, that is to provide sexual services for a fee by use of violence or threats of violence or destruction or endamagement of property, or by blackmail or deceit, –
shall be punishable by a fine of 500 to 1000 tax-free minimum incomes, or arrest for a term up to six months, or imprisonment for a term of one to three years.
3. Any such acts as provided for by paragraph 1 or 2 of this Article, if committed in regard of a minor, or by an organized group, – shall be punishable by imprisonment for a term of three to five years.
4. Trading in prostitution, that is creating, leading or participating in an organized group which supports activities related to the provision of paid sex services by males and females for gainful purposes, – shall be punishable by imprisonment for a term of five to seven years.